Staying in shape is essential if you want to have a long and healthy life. But the sad reality is that many of us are faced with the fact that working out causes us to be in pain. If you have a disability, have joint pain, or need a more comfortable workout, then you may want to consider investing in an elliptical.
Ellipticals put less pressure on your joints but can still burn just as many calories as a treadmill. Living in an apartment or having a family makes owning gym equipment a hassle because you don’t have enough space. In this article, we review the best folding ellipticals.
1. Exerpeutic Folding Bike
The Exerpeutic Folding Bike has a 300 pound weight capacity. It’s designed so that it can be used on hardwood flooring. This bike is designed to accommodate all body types. The bike seat is large and loaded so that you’ll be provided with comfort when you’re working out for extended periods of time.
You can adjust the seat height to accommodate heights from 5ft 3 inches to 6ft 1 inch. On the handlebars, there is an installed heart rate monitor, and the machine has eight different levels of magnetic tension. Fold the bike when you’re not using it and save some extra space.
- [HEAVY DUTY Design]: Supports up to 300 lbs. weight capacity which is 75 lbs. more capacity than most other folding bikes. Very easy to get off and on the bike, providing a more effective and comfortable workout
- [Large LCD Display]: An easy to read large window (3.3"W x 1.5"H) LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, pulse and scan. Hand pulse sensors for monitoring your target heart rate
- [SEATING COMFORT]: Large seat cushion for people of any size. Easily adjustable to fit 5'3" to 6'1" user heights. 3 piece "high torque" cranking system provides a smooth and consistent pedaling motion. Intended to be used on the hard flat floor
- [SPACE SAVING Design]: The bike can be easily folded to half of the assembled size, so it's uniquely compact. Can be moved with the included transportation wheels. Folded Dimensions: 22" L x 20" W x 55.5" H
- [8 LEVEL TENSION]: An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. Refer to the manual for troubleshooting steps of tension system. Quiet operation
Because of the bike’s design, it can easily be stored away if you’re tight on space. It’s especially great for apartment complexes or if you have a roommate. The heart rate monitor can give you a better reading when you’re trying to reach your target heart rate and put yourself into the fat burning mode.
When choosing to invest in a bike, you’re going to want to pick one that gives you plenty of workout options. The eight different tension levels range from beginner to expert, which makes it perfect for those who want to increase their resistance as they progress.
While this bike is designed for moderate activity, it is not designed to be used every day for intense workouts. While the bike itself is built sturdy, it does have its limits. Don’t expect to use this bike for intensive workouts that last more than 60 minutes. It should mainly be used for those who want to pedal while watching tv or playing video games steadily.
You should not attempt to use this bike more than a few times a week. Also, do not expect the bike to last long term if you are using it every day. This bike is designed to be lightweight, portable, and easy to store. This design likely impacts the longevity of the bike.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Stepper
This climbing stepper is designed to be compact and save you space. Its framework is very thin, and the whole unit can easily be picked up and carried. When you’re not using it, you can fold it up and store it away. To keep track of your progress, the LCD display will show your calories, time, scan, and count. 12 different settings increase the tension and resistance of the bike.
The stepper has a weight capacity of 220 lbs. To help stabilize you when you’re using the machine, there are additional grips on the stepper plates to help prevent you from slipping or falling.
- CONVENIENT: Unlike other exercise equipment, this climbing stepper is simple in design and a real space saver. It is slim and lightweight so that you can fit it in any corner of the house
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS: Easy to read and informative, you will be able to see your progress and meet new goals! LCD monitor tracks your calories, scan, time and count
- DUAL HYDRAULIC: Heavy-duty hydraulic piston cylinders have easy-to-adjust incline settings from 1 to 12 to increase or decrease tempo
- STABILITY: This sturdy climber machine supports weight up to 220lbs. The stepper contains patterned plates to prevent any possible slips
- EASY STORAGE: When you're not using it, the Climbing Stepper folds and stores in any corner or closet
The design of the bike is meant to be easy to move, store, and transport. This makes it perfect for those of you who need extra space. The LCD monitor can help keep track of all your progress, and you can use it to calculate and log your workouts. The resistance ranges from 1-12, and each increment will go from light resistance to heavy resistance.
Each time you feel like your workout is getting too easy then adjust the resistance to a harder level. The stepper is excellent for those who want a full range of motion while not feeling the same effects of pressure on their joints.
The only downside to this product is that it will produce noise when you use it. Because of the full range of motion, the unit will produce noise when in use. This gets louder the faster you go.
3. Xiser Mini Stairmaster
The Xiser Stairmaster is a unique workout device that can be placed virtually anywhere. You can use it while working, at a counter, and in front of the TV. The Xiser features a machine built of cast aircraft alloy and is both easy to use and ergonomically designed. It only weighs 14 lbs and is extremely portable. It has a unique resistance system that allows you to change the resistance. The pedals are crafted from aluminum alloy, and so is the frame.
- Cast Aircraft Alloy
- Ergonomically Optimum Design
- Light Weight 14 lbs.(Portable), NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
- 100% Made in USA Parts and Labor since 1977
- The first stepping machine and only step sprint trainer on the market
This unique stepper is excellent for those who are already in physical shape. When you use it, you will have to balance yourself and use the force of your body to step. It's highly recommended for CrossFit experts and military soldiers.
Use it to build up your core and increase your balance. It’s crafted from aluminum alloy which makes it stronger than most other steppers. It’s stronger, durable, and has a long lifespan.
The only downside to this product is that it doesn’t involve a large range of motion. Instead, you will only be using half the motion you usually use when you take a step. To many people, this may feel awkward and also throw off their balance.
Best Folding Ellipticals: The Verdict
The best folding elliptical out of these three that we can recommend is the Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Stepper. This is because it’s designed to handle both light and heavy workouts. It has all the features you may need to get a great cardio workout, and it has a long lifespan.
Lastly, it can be folded up and stored away because of its thin frame; this makes it portable, easy to use, and easy to store. If you’re looking for a compact elliptical that can last a long time, track your progress, and store away easily, then the Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Stepper is for you.