Pressure on your joints while working out can cause you to be in pain. If you're looking for a way to get your cardio workout in without causing your joints to hurt, then choosing an elliptical machine can be a better choice. Not only are they safe to use, but they also help you burn just as many calories as ellipticals, stationary bikes, and stair steppers.
They give you the same range of motion as other cardio machines, but the only difference is that your joints don’t receive the same amount of pressure as when using a treadmill or a stationary bike. If you’re looking for a compact elliptical that can fit into small spaces, there are many on the market. Listed below are the three best ellipticals for small spaces.
1. Locktek FP1 Elliptical
The Locktek is an excellent mini stepper that can allow you to burn the same amount of calories as other cardio methods. It’s small, compact, and very easy to move and store away. The dimensions of the unit are 17” x 16” x 11”. There is a weight capacity of 220 lbs, which can accommodate most body sizes. Located on the LCD display that keeps track of your progress will be your calories, time, count, and rep count. This can be used to keep track of your progress while you’re working out.
- For a beginner, you can burn about 350-450 calories in a 40 minute workout
- As you become fitter you can increase intensity to burn about 600-700 calories in a 40 minute workout.
- Mini steppers provide a great workout for very little money while you are considering buying a stair stepper, not only save money, but also space saving.17" x 16" x 11", when you finish exercise, you can put it in corner or under your table.
- The low impact mini steppers will ensure that your joints and muscles are not injured during the workout, a good cardio workout to lose weight. 220 lbs weight capacity.
- Loctek mini stair stepper is a cardio workout and target to make your leg muscles have more stamina and can get your heart rate up then any form of exercise. Also the machine has a LCD display that can check your total count, time, calories burned, and rep count
This elliptical is great for those who want a very small and compact elliptical. It’s designed not to take up that much space, and unlike other models, this elliptical is very slim and not as bulky as other units can be. The LCD monitor is very small, but you can use it to keep track of all of your progress over the course of your workout. The unit is designed to keep up with intense workouts, so if you’re planning on using it frequently, it will last.
The biggest downfall of this product is the fact that you can’t adjust the resistance. You can manually go faster or slower when you’re working out, but the resistance and tension will remain the same. So, it’s only recommended if you don’t plan to have a machine that can be adjusted.
2. iDeer Under Desk Peddler
The iDeer elliptical is an under the desk workout machine that allows you to use it while sitting or standing. This makes it great for you to use in an office, or at home when you’re watching TV or doing other leisurely activities. The peddler is highly adjustable and is designed to give you multiple options of resistance. The multifunctional monitor has a built-in LCD display which will track your calories, count, distance, time, and total count. The pedals have a unique anti-slip grip which keeps you from slipping.
- UNDER DESK&STAND UP EXERCISE ELLIPTICAL .This exercise bike allow you to workout your body while sitting or standing up,giving you a varied workout, convenient for you to do exercise at home,office or anywhere you want. Perfect for building your body shape,losing weight, relaxing your legs and improving the health of your whole body. People who exercise more are happier, suffer less stress, and will be more productive
- HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE. Designed with multiple resistance levels, allow you to adjust and control the intensity of your workout to match your need. Whether you want an extended, light-resistance workout or an intense session, the adjustable resistance offer you full control. The low profile and wide base prevents from rocking back and forth or hitting your knee while exercise under a desk.
- MULTI FUNCTIONAL MONITOR. A built-in LCD display monitor with 5 functions: time, count, distance, calories ,total count, features a very easy to use design with a turning dial for both standing and under desk exercising.
- SUPER QUITE. Design with brake resistance mechanism, ensure high smooth and quiet pedal motion , and the large rollerblade wheels provide you with a smoother, quieter ride, allow you to do exercise while working at office or watching TV/learning at home without disturbing anyone in the house.
- LARGE ANTI-SLIP PEDALS.Designed with two large,non-slip textured pedals, secure your feet and ensure high comfort ,allow you can pedal as hard and fast as you want. Elliptical motion provides a low impact workout. Built with heavy-duty steel frame ,small and compact design,easy to assembly in 3 to 5 minutes .All installation tools needed are included
The design of this peddler is super compact and easy to use. You can use it essentially in any room or setting. Use it in the office, at home, or even take it to the gym. The adjustable resistance allows you to change back and forth between light resistances and intense workouts. This gives you full control over everything.
The LCD display is bright and easy to read, and this is great because you can see it when you’re using the machine. The anti-slip pedals keep you safe, and the whole unit is designed to be super quiet while in use. This way you can use it when you’re watching TV or in the office.
The unit tends to tighten up from time to time. If this happens, then all you need to do is apply some oil to the machine, and it will function as it was intended to. You’ll be able to tell when it starts to tighten up because you may hear small clanking noises and it will feel like the resistance has increased.
3. Goplus Step Air Climber
The Goplus climber is a hydraulic resistance climber that adapts hydraulic systems to give you a better workout. The LCD display can help keep track of your exercise and will display the time, rep count, total count, scan, and accumulated calories that are burned. The height of the climber is adjustable and designed to accommodate multiple body types.
Two resistance bands can be used while you’re working out. The unit is designed to be very compact, and the dimensions of the machine are 17”x13”x9”. The Goplus stepper is 16 lbs. and can easily support individuals of up to 220 lbs.
- 【Excellent Hydraulic Resistance Design】Goplus Stepper adopts excellent hydraulic resistance design. It has non-slip pedals to ensure safety, you can feel an obvious resistance of climbing a mountain. In the meanwhile, its buffer and steadiness protect your knees and ankles from getting injuried.
- 【LCD Display to Record Calories】The informative LCD training display circularly shows time, scan, rep count, total count and calories burned during your workout.
- 【Height Adjustable】Heavy duty steel construction provides years of reliable use. The height of pedals is adjustable.
- 【2 Resistance Bands Included】Stepper training is a great cardio to lose weight all over while still building some muscle tone on the legs. With our resistance bands exercise together to have a good shape of arms, waist, belly, buttocks and legs. Just 30 minutes of aerobic exercise each day can help keep your heart healthy and your weight under control.
- 【Space Saving】The overall size of this stepper is about 17" x 13" x 9", it saves much more space than a treadmill. Also, its 16Lbs weight makes it portable to be taken to anywhere. Its weight capacity is 220Lbs.
This climber is designed to be super compact and allows your joints to have a break from any extra pressure. The LCD display is very bright and easy to read, even while you’re working out. The height adjustment accommodates every body type, and the unit can support many body types.
There are two different resistance settings, and you can change them based on your progress. Increasing the band resistance can cause you to burn more calories and strengthen your core.
The only issue with the climber is that it has a very limited range of motion. Many people expect to be able to have the same range of motion that other stair steppers or bikes have. You may feel around 3/4th to ½ the range of motion that regular types of cardio equipment give you.
4. Stamina In-Motion Elliptical
Stamina is a well-known US-based company founded in 1987. They are best known for their fitness as well as leisure products that are low-cost, innovative, and high-quality. One of their most popular low-impact cardio exercise fitness equipment is the in-motion elliptical trainer, introduced in 2015, but still remains popular. The portable and compact under-desk pedal unit allows you to carry it to your office, keep it under your desk, and use in both standing and sitting positions.
In addition, you can also use it in reverse motion along with standard forward motion, which allows you to target more muscles. The elliptical trainer allows you to build cardiovascular endurance, tone thighs, calves, and glutes. In addition, the informative trainer also provides you in-depth information about all your fitness activities on its monitor display.
The key features include an adjustable tension dial, multi-purpose use, forward or reverse motion, multi-function monitor, textured pedals for stability, and a compact build. It is also built of high-quality metal that makes it sturdy. It weighs only 24 lbs while the dimensions are 24.5 x 17 x 11.4 inches.
The trainer is designed to help people who spend more time atheir desks, working or even gaming. It allows you to perform passive but low-attention workouts that promote healthy blood circulation and leg movement. The movement also encourages healthy joint mobility and protects joints due to its low impact design.
As it comes in a small size, assembly is also very easy and doesn't take much time. It also comes with a carry handle so that you can move it around with ease. Due to its compact size, when not in use, storing it is also easy.
- PORTABLE, QUIET AND EFFICIENT CARDIO: This mini strider is compact and lightweight, making it easy to use and transport to any home or office space. It's quiet and unintrusive, too.
- ADJUSTABLE TENSION WITH MONITOR: Vary the intensity of your workout by turning the adjustable dial while you stride. See your stats while exercising with the display monitor.
- MULTIPLE MOVEMENT OPTIONS: Depending on your needs and abilities, the InMotion E1000 Compact Strider can be used sitting or standing. Pedal forward or reverse to target different muscles.
- THREE COLOR CHOICES: Customize your exercise machine by choosing one of three vibrant color options. The InMotion E1000 Compact Strider comes in green, orange and silver.
- GREAT FOR GAMERS: Get an effective workout while gaming - passive, low-attention exercise promotes leg movement and improved circulation in a non-distracting way while playing video games
The elliptical trainer is easy to install, compact, and portable. This allows you to easily move it between your home and office. As you can use it while sitting, you can keep using it during work hours or during gaming by placing it under the desk at low intensity to develop cardiovascular endurance.
The high-quality monitor display also allows you to keep track of your progress. You have access to two online workout plans, which makes it even easier to use. It is also very affordable compared to similar products. The elliptical trainer comes with a one-year warranty for the mainframe while three-months warranty for the other parts, making it a safe investment.
The In-Motion Elliptical Trainer allows you to vary intensity level, which can be done using the adjustable dial. In addition, the product is also available in three different color options, so you can choose between silver, orange, and green.
The elliptical trainer is quiet, at least for the first few months, and easy to use.
As it is designed as a cost-effective product, you may find it a little less durable than other products, so need to use it with care. You may also experience some squeaking noises after a few months, which makes it a little noisy. For others, pedaling may become less fluid with time. It is also a better fit if you are more interested in using it while sitting instead of standing.
Best Elliptical for Small Spaces: The Verdict
The best elliptical for small spaces is the iDeer Under Desk Peddler. It’s designed to be used while you’re either standing up or sitting. It can be used in multiple settings and offers you the ability to adjust the resistance to your liking. It’s also designed to be durable, long-lasting, and can accommodate individuals looking to use it for intense workouts.
Overall it’s the safest, most convenient option, and it can be used by multiple body types. We’d highly recommend this unit to you if you’re planning on using the unit for both low impact and high impact cardio exercises. Because of its quiet operation, you can even use it in the office.