Fitness trackers have skyrocketed in popularity as they’re great for helping you stay motivated and focused on your fitness goals. However, plenty of people who use ellipticals find that the average fitness tracker doesn’t register how much you’re working out unless you manually program it yourself. With one of these three devices, you’ll finally have the best fitness tracker for elliptical trainers, so you can make sure all your hard work is being accounted for without having to go the extra mile.
Best Fitness Tracker for Elliptical Trainers: The Options
1. Fitbit Charge 2
Fitbit was the original company that started the trend of using fitness trackers to keep up to date with your daily activities, and the Fitbit Charge 2 is one of the newer models that you can get your hands on. With plenty of interesting features that will help you make the most out of your workouts, it’s surely one of the better, though more expensive, models you can buy.
The most advanced features of the Fitbit Charge 2 include:
- PurePulse heart rate tracking: With PurePulse technology, your fitness tracker will automatically scan your heart rate throughout the day so that you can burn the most calories possible.
- Smartphone sync-enabled: Similar to other smartwatches, the Fitbit Charge 2 can be synced with your mobile device, so you can see calendar notifications, incoming calls, and texts all from the convenience of the built-in OLED screen.
- Sleep tracking: Another interesting feature is the sleep tracking, as your wristband will automatically keep track of how well you sleep at night, including any disturbances. You can also set a silent vibration-only alarm to wake you up in the morning.
- Multiple tracking options: Above all else, the Fitbit Charge 2 is equipped to track a wide variety of activities that you do throughout the day including steps, calories burned, distance, floors climbed, and the number of minutes you’re active during the day.
- Stylish, modern, and thin
- Easy to charge with wireless connectivity
- Syncs with multiple weight loss apps
- Very lightweight and comfortable for small wrists
- The screen is not very resilient.
- Dead pixels may appear on the display
2. LETSCOM Fitness Tracker
As a far more affordable option when compared to the Fitbit Charge 2, the LETSCOM Fitness Tracker has plenty of features that you might be interested in using to your advantage. It also makes it easier to keep track of machine use at the gym, making it a viable option.
Some of the features of the LETSCOM Fitness Tracker include:
- Smart Health Management: The integrated Smart Health Management technology helps you to keep track of your most important statistics including quality of sleep, 24/7 heart rate monitoring, burned calories, distance traveled, active minutes, steps, and even a sedentary reminder.
- Sports management: Aside from the general smart health management, you’ll also have access to sports management which tracks your activity while running, riding horses, playing badminton, and relatively any other sport you can think of.
- On-screen smartphone alerts: Similar to the Fitbit, you also have the ability to receive smartphone alerts with the LETSCOM Fitness Tracker, as it shows you emails, texts, social media alerts, calls, and more.
- Adjustable brightness: Depending on the environment that you’re working out in, you can
- adjust the brightness of your screen from one to five for optimal visibility.
- Feels high-quality and is comfortable
- Very high-quality screen resolution
- Easy to set up and use
- Syncs with weight loss apps
- May experience charging issues
- Step tracking is inaccurate
3. Mi Fitness Tracker
As the third and final contender for the title of the best fitness tracker for ellipticals, the Mi Fitness Tracker has a slew of features that you’re sure to use on a daily basis. Not only does it have everything that the other two fitness trackers have, but it also is available for less than either alternative. The Mi Fitness Tracker could very well become your next fitness-related purchase.
The most notable features of the Mi Fitness Tracker include:
- Multiple tracking options: The Mi Fitness Tracker tracks your activities similar to other trackers on the market, which means you’ll be able to review your pace, burned calories, steps, distance traveled, and active minutes.
- Auto-app syncing: In order to keep a record of your activity over the coming days, your device will automatically sync with your smartphone, computer, or tablet, as long as you have the Mi Fit app installed.
- Smart alerts: In the event that you receive a call, text, or social media notification, you’ll be alerted via the Mi Fitness Tracker. It also shows caller ID when someone is trying to reach you through your phone.
- Advanced sleep monitoring: Instead of simply keeping track of the amount of sleep you get each night, this fitness tracker also records the duration of each stage of sleep, your heart rate while you’re asleep, and whether you’re disturbed frequently or not.
- Mildly water resistant: Although it’s not recommended that you go swimming with the Mi Fitness Tracker, it’s IP67 water-resistant, meaning, it won’t be damaged from sweat, dust, or splashes of water.
- Has a superior battery life
- May arrive too small for your wrist
- Survives water very well
- Does not track climbed stairs
- Setting up the app is difficult
When you’re looking for the best fitness tracker for elliptical trainers, you’re going to need a device that logs information accurately and automatically. You’re also going to want to find a device that is resistant to sweat and will stand up against wear and tear over a long period of time. Luckily, the Mi Fitness Tracker is on the market, as it has plenty of benefits and is available for a fraction of the cost of more well-known brands.
With the ability to track your sleep cycle, your heart rate, and plenty of other activities throughout the day, you’ll never have to worry about missing out on calories that you actually burned. You’re also sure to appreciate that it can withstand small amounts of water, so you can easily take a shower or wash your hands without having to take your fitness tracker off. The Mi Fitness Tracker is also slim in its design and very modern, which makes it the perfect choice for men and women alike, but its performance is what sets it apart from the competition.