Elliptical machines are some of the most popular pieces of workout equipment, and for a good reason. They give you the ability to burn a lot of calories with tremendous efficiency. However, to make the most out of your workout, it’s essential for you to find the best shoes for elliptical machines, especially if you’ve experienced discomfort with your exercise shoes in the past.
In this guide, we’ve collected and reviewed three top models including their respective features, as well as pros and cons for you to review so that you can make the most informed choice for your athletic footwear.
Best Shoes for Elliptical Machine Reviews
1. New Balance Mx608v4
If you’re looking for optimal support and comfort, the New Balance Mx608v4 trainers are an excellent option for both working out on the elliptical as well as a range of other physical activities including running and weight training. These shoes are available in over 20 different styles, so finding the right pair and style for your needs can be done without issue.
The best features of the New Balance Mx608v4 trainers include:
- Leather construction: To help maintain the structure and integrity of your shoes with regular use, these runners are made entirely out of leather. This also helps to make them far easier to clean if they end up getting dirty and you’ll be able to save a lot of money as you won’t have to worry about buying a new pair in the near future.
- Dual-density collar: The collar of the shoe (where your ankle rests) is made using dual-density materials, so you have even more comfort and support where your feet need it the most.
- Padded tongue: Instead of relying on a traditional pair of elliptical shoes that don’t have extra padding in key areas, the tongue of the New Balance Mx608v4 trainers is also padded for optimal comfort.
- Enhanced foot cushioning: Feet are prone to injury when you’re working out, which is why you’ll want a shoe with extra support at the sole. The New Balance Mx608v4 trainers are equipped with improved heel cushioning, great flexibility in the forefoot, and a shock absorbent midsole for all-day comfort.
- Comfortable for up to 12 hours
- Ideal for people with foot and knee ailments
- The shoes hold up with daily 30-minute walks.
- Not enough padding around the lateral heel area
- Poorly made seams around the instep
2. Puma Women’s Tazon 6
Another great pair of contenders for the title of the best shoes for an elliptical machine are the Puma Women’s Tazon 6 trainers. These shoes are primarily designed for Cross-Training, which makes them the perfect partner for everyday gym needs, especially when working out on the machines.
A few of the best parts of the Puma Women’s Tazon 6 trainers include:
- Synthetic leather construction: If you’re not interested in wearing real leather, these shoes are a great alternative as their material looks and will feel like leather but is vegan.
- EcoOrthoLite sock liner: To help create a customized fit for your shoe and additional breathability while working out, the EcoOrthoLite sock liner helps promote air movement through your shoe with added orthopedic comfort.
- Impact absorption: In the heel, you’ll notice it feels like there’s a little bit of extra padding and that is as a result of the EVA in the back of the shoe. The EVA has the sole responsibility of absorbing impact, protecting your legs, knees, and feet from exhaustion.
- Midfoot saddle: As another feature added for optimal comfort and fit, the midfoot saddle helps to ensure that your feet remain stable inside of the shoe while working out.
- Keeps feet firm while walking
- Lightweight and well-constructed
- Work well for light and heavy exercises
- Not recommended for people with orthopedic ailments
- Shoes need to be broken in along the inner ankle
3. Reebok Men’s Yourflex Train 8.0
Reebok is another reputable name brand in athletic gear, particularly shoes, and although these shoes don’t come with as many color options as the other two pairs on this list, they do have a stellar number of useful features. If you’re looking for the best shoes for elliptical machines, the pair of Reebok Men’s Yourflex Train 8.0 trainers is it.
The best features of the Reebok Men’s Yourflex Train 8.0 trainers include:
- Fabric and synthetic construction: You won’t have to worry about breaking in leather over time with these shoes, as they are made of fabric and synthetic rubber along the sole. With that being said, the fabric is very high quality and the shoes feel nice to the touch.
- Low-cut training design: There are plenty of features added to the Reebok Men’s Yourflex Train 8.0 trainers to make them more adaptable for all types of training. First, you’ll notice they are low cut, which makes them far more comfortable for ankles. You’ll also see that they come with mesh and an elastic upper part of the shoe for optimal comfort and fit, not to mention breathability as well.
- EVA midsole: To help prevent your feet from experiencing discomfort as a result of high impact exercises, the EVA midsole absorbs all the shocks, keeping your feet protected.
- High-abrasion outsole: The rubber outsole of the Reebok Men’s Yourflex Train 8.0 trainers can handle abrasions, which means it can take a real beating over the years and still appear brand-new.
- Inserted memory foam orthopedic pad
- Have the perfect amount of cushion for the gym
- Built with the everyday wearer in mind
- Do not have funky or extrinsic designs
- Outer mesh breaks apart over time
- Memory foam may take some getting used to
The most important things to remember when you’re searching for the best shoes for elliptical machines are that your feet are protected, you feel comfortable, and you’re investing in a pair of shoes that will last you a long time. With all three of these factors in mind, the Reebok Men’s Yourflex Train 8.0 trainers are surely the best shoes that you can get for working out in the gym, running, CrossFit training, and even going for walks around your neighborhood.
Aside from the mesh wearing away over time, the overall construction of the shoe is superior to the other models on the list, and you won’t have to worry about maintaining leather or synthetic leather, as they are made of fabric and rubber. With the additional shock absorption and memory foam insert, you can guarantee that wearing the Reebok Men’s Yourflex Train 8.0 trainers for an extended period will not wreak havoc on your feet, keeping you comfortable and focused for the duration of your workout.