Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer: QUICK OVERVIEW
What We Like
What We Don't Like
For the average 9-5er, finding time to get to the gym is becoming a huge and, in many cases, an impossible task. With the cost of gym memberships and many other day-to-day expenses rising, being a member of a gym is quickly becoming something that only an elite few can afford and find time to use. This means people are looking for other ways to stay active, and elliptical trainers are becoming more popular.
Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer Review
Body Power sports has been a well-known brand in the fitness industry for many years. However, in 2017 they decided to forge an even larger impact on the industry and started to introduce Body Power fitness equipment, such as elliptical trainers and treadmills.
Their aim is to offer simplicity, durability, and reliability in all their equipment, and are focused on home-use equipment with commercial equipment standards. They aim to bring you the most high quality and affordable range of products on the market.
When it comes to elliptical trainer brands, Body Power, is the new kid on the block, so to speak. The quality of their machines speaks for itself, and they are not to be underestimated.
Who is this product for?
The Body Power elliptical cross trainer has been designed for the average 9-5er looking for an alternative to going to the gym. The BFX8000 is an elliptical cross trainer designed specifically for home use. It is sturdy and strong yet compact enough to easily fit in your home. Anyone looking for a full-body low-impact workout will benefit from the Body Power BFX8000 elliptical cross trainer.
This elliptical trainer will arrive semi-assembled with parts such as a flywheel, belt and resistance pad already assembled and in place. The rest of the parts, such as handlebars, base bars, pedals and moving arm will need to be assembled by you. The included manual is complete with assembly instructions to get you set up in no time.
Overview of features
- Belt drive system: The obvious advantages of a belt drive system is that it gives you a smooth and silent workout. The maintenance on a belt drive system is also very minimal
- Stride distance: The stride distance is a relatively low 13” which makes this particular elliptical trainer more suited to shorter people and not recommended for people taller than 6’0″
- Flywheel: The flywheel is heavy in comparison to other models which also contributes to the low noise level of the machine
- Resistance: The Body Power elliptical cross trainer features a friction resistance system that is easily adjusted by turning a knob. This machine allows you to pedal forward and backward to bring more variety to your workout and target different muscle groups.
- Monitor: The very basic meter can track time, distance, speed, and calories burned or you can choose to scan through the categories. While the digits are big and easy to read, the console doesn’t have a backlight, which makes it difficult to read in low-light areas. It is battery operated so no AC outlet is needed
- Sleek dual-set handlebars with aerodynamic design in a beautiful grey finish.
- The monitor and the fact that it has no heart rate or pulse monitor make this machine less technology oriented and more functional.
Tutorial/how to get the most out of it
Once you have received your Body Power elliptical and completed the minimal assembly, you are ready to set up and start exercising. The front base bar has two small transport wheels that make it easy for you to move the machine to where you want it.
The Body Power is a heavy machine; however, the transport wheels make it possible to be moved by one person. The end caps on the base bars can be turned and adjusted to make sure your machine is level. Once you have positioned your trainer, you are ready to get on and start your workout. When it comes down to maintenance of the machine, there will be very little required apart from ensuring that it's properly lubricated every few months.
The Body Power BFX8000 elliptical cross trainer with its unique design that looks almost like a stationary bicycle is one of the top elliptical trainers in its class. It is, however, let down by the very basic monitor and the fact that it has no connectivity options. If you are looking for a more modern and sophisticated elliptical trainer, the Efitment magnetic elliptical trainer is one to check out.
The Body Power certainly lives up to and delivers what the manufacturers had envisioned for it. It ticks all the boxes when it comes to strength, durability, and reliability. It is a basic, low-maintenance elliptical trainer that will give you a full body workout. It may be basic, but it is well deserved of its place on any list of best elliptical trainers.